Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The unexpected

I knew my exercise routine would be a little different over the weekend. I had expectations of how it might look. Weather changed the reality. Yes, we walked outside - and on the beach.

Day 1 we walked in 30 mph winds. I asked dear Shoe how that might correspond to resistance on an elliptical. He thought maybe 4. Correct or not, I felt that workout all weekend.

Day 2 we took an evening walk on the neighborhood streets since the wind was still blowing. My walking partner insisted we find - and climb to the top of - every hill in the neighborhood!

Day 3 we had less wind. :-) I got in an afternoon stroll of about 30 minutes and then a walk on a different beach of about 45 minutes. Each morning we walked 45 minutes, wind or no wind.

All that walking helped offset my "vacation" treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment