Friday, April 25, 2014

It's all about the food...

Right? Some people in my family have this philosophy, but we're also interested in overall health. Simple healthy food I enjoyed one day this week for lunch:
I drained some liquid from leftover homemade chicken tortilla soup and heated it in a pan with 1/3 c. brown rice.
I took some applesauce I froze last summer from the freezer - I like to buy cooking apples and make them into applesauce, freeze with no sugar. Then I just sprinkle enough cinnamon sugar over to offset the tartness when I get ready to eat. I freeze the applesauce in small portions.
This lunch described here is 4 or 5 weight watchers points and very filling!
Dinner last night:
shrimp cooked with a little (1/2 tsp.) butter and lemon juice
stir fry vegetables
homemade crusty bread (very easy recipe!)
I think this dinner was 9 or 10 weight watchers points and also satisfying.
Tomorrow, our Chinese fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment