Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Family dinners

They're as much fun to plan as to have. There is the enjoyment of looking forward to having everyone come. And, having people--anyone in addition to the two of us who live here--means I get to cook! My first step is to decide menu, with input from the others. We took a vote last night and the birthday girl was the tie breaker, so we're having Chinese. What fun! Today I'm thinking about which dishes we'll have and making grocery lists on scraps of paper. This is all healthy, trust me. Long lists of vegetables. :-)

Tentative menu:
P.F. Chang's lettuce wraps
General Tsao chicken
fried rice
chow mein
stir fry vegetables
Haven't decided yet if I want to experiment with fried shrimp.
Dessert will not be Chinese, since we're celebrating a birthday and Easter. We'll have lemon cake with strawberry filling (the birthday request) for the gluten-free/dairy-free people, and apple pie for the guys.
I'd better start saving my weight watcher points now!

No comments:

Post a Comment