Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Eating Healthy and Enjoying It

Yes, I do like my food. :-) Here's a sample of great healthy food (yesterday's menus).
Breakfast
"my" hot chocolate (1 cup 1% milk, 1 T. Ghiradelli hot chocolate -- doesn't take as much of the good stuff!)
1 T. whipped cream (courtesy of Prince C.) (total 5 weight watchers points)
banana
Lunch
tuna salad (made with 2 tsp. mayonnaise, celery, green pepper, and dried cranberries, used for 3-4 servings)
lettuce
broccoli
almond roll (homemade - delicious!) (I think these are 3 or 4 weight watchers points)
Snack
granola bar (homemade, 5 weight watchers points)
Dinner
one of those healthy taco things with a bit of beef and 1 flour tortilla, a bit of cheese, vegetables
I was going to put apple slices with that but never quite got around to it.
Before dinner I had a few sweet potato chips

I'll change it up today a bit by having yogurt instead of tuna, salad of some sort, and we're going to try fried chicken in the cast iron skillet tonight with reduced fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment