Monday, April 21, 2014

Recreating favorite dishes

One of the things I started to do last fall was reduce grains. An all-things-in-moderation approach. And I've experimented with more whole grains -- in small doses! Recently, I've had some brown rice I cooked earlier and froze. To make spanish-style rice (think paella) at lunch, I'm using only 1/3 cup rice and an equal amount of vegetables (peppers, mushroom, olives, celery--since I shouldn't have green onion) with seasonings and just 1 T. cheese sprinkled over top at the end. Yum. Still filling, but lighter than versions with more rice. I didn't have any bacon or ham for it today, but used a bit of bacon grease for flavor. Last week I had some bacon. Today's version, only 3 weight watchers points! With a banana, a filling enough lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment