Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another salad creation

Some time ago, I may have mentioned a favorite salad I make based on a salad I enjoyed at a restaurant. Last night I made another such salad, loosely based on something I tried a few years ago. I wasn't sure I remembered correctly, so I did look up some ideas on the Internet. But I think my end result still doesn't really follow a specific recipe. I'm using combinations I like, and I'm keeping it simple.

Pear Slaw
pears, sliced thin or diced
raw carrot, grated
dried cranberries
cabbage or lettuce

Arrange the first three ingredients on a bed of cabbage (preferred) or lettuce. Drizzle with dressing.
Dressing:
1 T. orange juice
1 tsp. white wine vinegar
caraway or dill to taste

I used one pear last night, a couple of T. of carrot, 1 T. cranberries, and about 1 tsp. of dressing with caraway instead of dill. For me, it made about 1 1/2 servings of salad. Individual tastes will vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment