Thursday, April 17, 2014

Shopping

I watched a humorous video today about a woman who sent her husband to the grocery store. It wouldn't be so funny if it didn't hit close to home for many. For the most part, hubby and I shop together. I guess we both have a vested interest in our food. Often, we eat different food, so we want to make sure we get it right. I heard the video not too long after I had texted my son with a question about his plans this weekend. We're not having a big Easter dinner to my knowledge, but our text reminded me I wanted to get a ham for our family dinner next weekend. The video reminded me I'm out of shortening, referred to as "lard" by the speaker. This time, I plan to actually get lard. It keeps fine in the refrigerator and I don't have to use as much in recipes, which may result in low-fat baking? Worth a try, anyway. So now I have a grocery list for this week started. Thinking of the non-Easter dinner reminds me that we'll need to shop on Saturday instead of Sunday, our normal routine. These posts just show that routines are made to be broken. That said, I think our family dinner, when we do have it, will be pretty traditional. With a few tweaks. Healthy, for those of us who want to eat healthy. With some gluten-free dairy-free dishes for those in the family who have allergies. We've found combinations that keep everyone happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment