Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer fun

I've spent the last week exercising instead of writing about it. :-) We went on a hiking vacation - destination: Mt. Rainier. The main attraction / activity is hiking. And more hiking. And taking pictures of beautiful scenery. In truth, we didn't do quite as much hiking as we had planned, only about 3 miles a day. We did go on 2 or more hikes per day, but they were short and easy. I think the only way to train for Rainier (elevation gain hikes at high altitude) is to hike the area. So perhaps a longer time? Or hiking in the gorge before going? Even so, we had a great time! Now, home and back to normal exercise routine, since the other thing we did on vacation was eat. I didn't count points, just ate healthy when possible and ate something when hungry (which seemed to be often). Through it all, I managed to maintain but will continue to work on my goals of eating healthy now that I'm back in normal routine. Perhaps some of my summer reading will be browsing for new healthy eating ideas... what are your new healthy eating ideas for summer and beyond?

No comments:

Post a Comment