Tuesday, July 8, 2014

More yummy summer food

I posted earlier about making an Italian salad. I had bits and pieces leftover from the pizza making last week so threw it all into a salad today for lunch. A slice of cheese and a peach made a perfect summer lunch. Tonight, we revisit the lemon shrimp, broccoli, and strawberry idea. I experimented with making a bit of chocolate sauce (the remains of a box of unsweetened chocolate, an adjusted frosting recipe, and granulated sugar - we're out of powdered) to have with a banana tonight.

My next thought might be to experiment with an Asian salad. Not sure such a concept is "authentic," but I've enjoyed it other places. If I make my own, I know exactly what goes in it, specifically the dressing. And, I can make a small amount. In Theory. I'm not sure about the cabbage - more to follow after a bit of research.

What's your next food experiment?

No comments:

Post a Comment