Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Christmas in July

That's what I heard yesterday when I met friends for an afternoon break. The coffee shop was celebrating with seasonal music and decorations. Right now out my front window it certainly *looks* like winter in July, with a bit of wind blowing tree branches and rain. Fortunately, it's not quite that cold. Healthy living isn't confined to one season. However, I'm not thinking I'm going out in that again today - already took a morning walk, did my exercises, paced while talking on the phone, and will hit the elliptical tonight after dinner. That should suffice for enough exercise for today - as long as I get up from the chair now and then (which the laundry tending will ensure). As to eating... well, we do keep eating no matter what the weather is doing. I've been using up bits and pieces of produce this week. That is resulting in: stir fry chicken and veggies one day for lunch, zucchini mixed with pasta tonight, berries on waffles, and other delicious combinations. Tomorrow I think I'll have to break down and make the next produce run. My challenge will be to find fresh fruit in season -- not too ripe, but just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment