Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Slow steps to back on track

Not quite there yet.
The good news:
I've researched new salad ideas. As I try the ideas and incorporate them, I'll post any winners.
The bad news:
We enjoyed other foods the last couple of days that didn't much resemble salads. :-)
I did make a summer salad a few days ago, what I call "Slovak salad" because I first had this particular combination in Slovakia. I think I mentioned it when we went to farmer's market.
We did go on a hike - a walk in the woods around Lost Lake in the Mt. Hood area.
And we trekked all over downtown Seattle. On hubby's business trips to Seattle those hills are the only exercise we get in a long day of driving! So I'm glad for the hills -- but much better when beautiful weather (as we had) than when raining!
Today's steps to back on track:
I've already walked 2 miles and done 2 miles on the elliptical.
In an hour or so I'll pack a picnic dinner (chicken salad and fruit) to meet son and daughter-in-law at the park. We may walk while there - that has yet to be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment