Thursday, July 10, 2014

Changing Focus

Time to think about exercise for a change, after so many posts about eating. :-) Let's face it, I spend more time eating than exercising. Wait, that's not really true. Between walking and elliptical, and the occasional light weight routine, I spend anywhere from an hour to two hours a day exercising. I certainly hope I don't spend that much time eating! That would be a lot of food... :-)  Maybe to say I spend more time *thinking* about eating than exercising is closer to the truth.

My original intent was to exercise in a variety of ways -- walking, elliptical, the light weights, a hike or two -- in preparation for a vacation that is planned to have hiking as a focus. Yikes. Am I in shape? Probably not. Will I still enjoy it? Yes. We'll take it a little slower, take a few more pictures, what's not to like about that? Hoping to enjoy good weather as well. As it is, I'm just trying to maintain whatever semblance of exercise routine I can. No excuses, except life. Once again, routines save the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment