Thursday, June 5, 2014

Good summer eating

Even though it's cool and gray this morning, I have a great summer lunch planned. A couple of times during the last few months I've had occasion to enjoy a "veggie" sandwich at a local deli. Today I'm going to try it at home:
avocado slices
cucumber slices
tomato
lettuce
with cream cheese on homemade bread
I might add a slice of swiss cheese? not sure about that yet. I think the deli sandwich did have lettuce, although my mom reminded me that some veggie sandwiches have alfalfa sprouts instead of lettuce. Lettuce is what I have. There's still a few grapes to have on the side.
We'll continue the summer theme of fresh food with shrimp and veggie stir fry tonight. My shrimp will have lemon. Hubby's will have cajun seasoning. Each to his own in our house! What's one of your healthy summer favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment