Thursday, June 26, 2014

Food associations

Yesterday I wrote about how chili requires cornbread. There are other foods we may naturally pair together for various reasons. Sometimes our friends can give us new ideas of foods to combine. Today I'll be trying an experiment of sorts: making an Italian salad. No, it's not salad weather, given the inches of rain that have been dumped in less than 24 hours. But I have odds and ends I want to use, and I'm trying to think of a healthy lunch that has some protein.
Here's what I'll include:
romaine lettuce
tomatoes
green pepper
red pepper
olives
salami
parmesan cheese
and I'll make a little Italian dressing to drizzle over top.
I could defrost a bit of the bread I made yesterday and turn it into garlic bread. Hmm... this is sounding better and better!
What's your latest food experiement?

No comments:

Post a Comment