Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Chili = cornbread!

It's interesting to observe the routines, rituals, and associations we make with different foods. Tonight we are having chili that hubby cooked last night. He likes to make it the night before to allow plenty of time for him to not be rushed. That's fine with me. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason to have chili is to make and enjoy fresh cornbread!! So tonight I'll bake the cornbread. I'm the only one at home now who eats it, but I've found if I cut the pieces (portion control, you know) and wrap them in plastic then put them in a sealed container, I can freeze and enjoy one piece at a time for future meals. We do have an excellent toaster oven that will reheat the *thawed cornbread just like fresh from the oven. What routines and/or associations do you have with specific foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment