Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Waffles, part 2

Some friends saw my post on facebook yesterday about perfect waffle batter, baked in a perfect waffle iron. The good news is the batter keeps for 24 hours, so I had some this morning for breakfast, with strawberries again. Thought I'd share the recipe (originally from Betty Crocker, I think) with you. When we have these at home, we usually get at least 5 waffles from the mix. In that case, 1 waffle = 5 weight watchers points, which isn't bad. The tricky part comes in what we put on them. Hubby likes sticky syrup. I much prefer strawberries, or butter, or butter and jam, or ice cream! But it doesn't take much of any of those to keep me happy, as I like my waffles to remain crispy. :-)

Waffles
Stir together:
1 egg
2 T. oil
1 1/4 c. buttermilk
Add and stir in:
1 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Preheat waffle iron to steaming. Bake waffle 3 min.
No waffle iron? No problem! This recipe also makes great pancakes, cooked traditionally in a fry pan in a little hot oil if needed.
Store leftover batter in container with lid in the refrigerator. If you're having them the 2nd day, let the batter come back up to room temperature and stir well before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment