Thursday, May 1, 2014

Busy week

It's been a few days... I've been enjoying the sunshine! One thing I like about warm weather is it can be easier to eat healthy. This week I've enjoyed some healthy lunches using leftovers from our grand Chinese meal last weekend. Good simple food. :-)

Chow Mein
Heat 1 tsp. oil in fry pan. Add a little black pepper and ginger. Stir fry vegetables (I used what I had: bean sprouts, celery, red and green pepper) for a few minutes. Stir 1 tsp. cornstarch into 1/4 cup water or chicken broth to dissolve. Add 1 tsp. soy sauce. Stir all this into vegetables and heat until thickened. I've been having it over Chinese noodles but I'm sure there are good variations.

Broccoli salad (have I posted this before?)
chopped broccoli
1-2 pieces cooked bacon
chopped celery
minced cashew pieces
Stir ingredients together. Mix dressing ingredients separately. Toss with salad.
Dressing:
1 tsp. mayonnaise
dash mustard
dash black pepper
drizzle of honey

No comments:

Post a Comment