Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Food is Fun

Ah, that's the problem, isn't it? :-) A friend commented I must like to be creative and innovative in the kitchen. I must admit, there's some truth in that. My experiment for today isn't quite as healthy, although I'm cutting down the portion sizes a bit. Yesterday I made some chocolate cookie dough. Pressed half of it into a pie pan to make something resembling a chocolate cookie crust (for today's experiment) and made the rest into delicious chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips. They're small cookies, so I think only 3 or 4 weight watchers points each. At least, that's what the recipe card says from when I made the cookies at Christmas. Today I'll make 1/2 batch cheesecake for the chocolate cookie crust. I plan to bypass the chocolate glaze the recipe calls for and just put the raspberries on top, thinking the chocolate cookie crust will be enough chocolate. We'll see. That may change! I figure this will be fewer points than store bought cheesecake?? Not sure on that one. :-) Yes, I did my exercises today and will do elliptical tonight to offset this chocolate. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment