Thursday, April 8, 2010

Marvelous Muffins

Marvelous is my mother's word - used to describe most anything. However, our family does enjoy muffins. I'm working my way through (one muffin at a time!) a batch of orange cranberry muffins this week. Lady J pointed out in a Good Morning post (actually written last night past my bedtime) that some muffins are pretty big and should be cut in half. True, for many muffins purchased at the store. Homemade muffins are a different story altogether. For example, when I use a calorie book and figure the calories for the ingredients in my muffin recipe, then allow for some fruit, such as blueberries or cranberries, to be added, I come up with only 150 calories per muffin. They're not big muffins, especially if I make 12, as the recipe suggests. But I can have one for breakfast - or lunch - and enjoy it. Next I want to try making apple muffins! (Hubby keeps vetoing that idea - I can't imagine why!)

No comments:

Post a Comment