Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"Power" lunch

Easy, tasty, healthy - thought I'd share with you. a bit of cut up leftover roast beef from our family dinner chopped red pepper chopped green pepper olives granulated onion granulated garlic cumin 1/4 lime shredded jack cheese (about 1 T.) 1 corn tortilla I heated the first 4 ingredients in a bit of olive oil in my handy small cast iron skillet with a bit of water to prevent sticking. Season with a dash of the seasonings. Squeeze the juice from the 1/4 lime into the pan. Then I toasted/browned the tortilla in a small pan. Spoon all the stuff into the tortilla and sprinkle with the cheese. If you have any of the dressing left from the recipe posted 2/13/14 drizzle that over it all. I had salad with this: Romaine lettuce shredded carrot I keep in the fridge for quick salads drizzled with a bit of oil & balsamic vinegar I also keep pre-mixed in a small jar Top with 1/2 apple chopped into pretty small pieces 1 T. raisins I'll probably have a banana because the treadmill makes me hungry. The not-so-powerful part? half a dozen sweet potato chips for crunch 1 (count them) small chocolate chip cookie Hmmm... maybe that recipe should follow another day -- they're only 3 weight watchers points and they have all that homemade taste.

2 comments:

  1. nice! Except can you relaly stop at one cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on the day. Some days, yes. :-) Today remains to be seen.

    ReplyDelete