Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Summer days

Summer brings vacations, breaks in normal routines, and other excuses to take time away from the computer and blogging. I've discovered, though, that summer does not necessarily equal breaks from healthy routines. On vacation in July, at a conference last week, and in the other things I've been doing, I find I'm still mindful of eating healthy and maintaining exercise routines as best I can. At this year's writing conference, I was able to walk more consistently - and more - than ever before. They served us salads two meals a day, which I made a focus of the meal, and then made the large portions of meat and carbs a lower focus. (except dessert -- still working on that one!) We celebrated birthdays the last two weekends, complete with cake and ice cream, as the three children we have between us were all born in August. After a day of celebrating with kids, though, the following day I tried to get right back to healthy eating. More trades today: a salad for lunch because I'm going out with friends this afternoon.
I've also been collecting new salad recipes to share, although I haven't managed to try any of them yet! I did try something new a day or so ago, though. I had leftover alfredo sauce. I wanted a lighter lunch, not the pasta, so put the sauce over a big bowl of stir fry veggies. Very tasty! My goal for this week: to highlight fruit and vegetables more in my meals. So far, success :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment